6 Benefits for using our Handmade Soaps
Lye soap is not the kind of soap you get can everywhere. It is different, unique and has to be specially made if it ought to be 100% natural and pure. When such a specially made soap is in your hands, how do you use it? Only for bathing and cleaning? That would be minimal and ineffective use of a lye soap. Even while bathing, if you do not know how to use it as cure, there is no point in you preferring lye. You might as well use any other soap. How should you use lye soap everyday?
Lye soap everyday: Would you believe if someone told you that people used lye soap as a barter to buy things at stores during the great depression? Would you believe that lye was so valued among the ancients that soapmaking was an important traditional work assigned to women? Would you believe if we tell you that daily use of lye soap means your skin is healthy, glowing and simply remarkable? Yes, all these are true.
1.General skincare: Using lye soap is like pampering your skin daily. Skin is one of the most ignored of the body parts. We expose it all day to heat, light and dust and yet, never take adequate care to maintain it. The least that our skin gets is a daily bath or shower. That too happens in a sloppy and hurried way. Lye soap makes your skin fresh and young. Regular use of lye soap cures psoriasis, eczema and other skin conditions like dry skin, itchy skin, bug bites, athlete’s foot etc.
2. Acne cure: Apart from other skincare treatments, Our Tea-Tree soap is a great acne cure. Many dermatologists and doctors recommend it for acne reduction. This soap is said to cleanse the pores and keep the skin moisturized for the whole day. For acne, wash your face about two to three times a day (or as recommended by your doctor), and you will see improvement in months.
3. Sunburns: Our Unscented Natural Bar of Soaps can relieve you of sunburns in minutes. Place generous amounts of lather on your sunburn and leave it overnight. The sunburn may disappear if you keep doing this everyday. Experts opinion say that lye soap absorbs heat better than commercial soaps.
4. Bug bite relief: Our soap offers relief from mosquito, chigger and other bug bites immediately. Like in the case of sunburns, you can use your lye soap as an insect repellent. Hunters clean themselves with lye soap before going on hunting. This is because lye is scentless and animals will never recognize human presence. This will only improve hunting luck.
5. Poison Ivy and Poison Oak cure: There is nothing which offers instant cure to poison ivy and poison oak like lye soap. Apply the soap immediately on the suspected area of contact and rinse thoroughly. Keep applying as many times or at least 5 times a day in that area. After rinsing place soap lather on the rash and leave it till the next wash. Your poison ivy or oak syndrome will disappear soon. You can use lye soap to even wash your infected clothes/other fabrics.
6. Insect repellent: We recommend getting the Tea-Tree Bar of Soap as a Natural Insect Repellant. I love to use this bar when I am out camping or hiking for the day! This Along with our Natural Bug Spray will keep these unwanted pests away! A bar of Unscented soap placed under the sink helps keep ants away.
I, Rachel Uttecht, am the owner and creator of Dirty Kids Soap. I got interested in making all-natural products when I realized the benefits they would have on my skin. By switching to natural soaps my ezcema and psorisis has cleared up completely. Because of this dramatic change in my skin health I now spend my time teaching others the benefits of all- natural skin care products.